Senator Jim McClendon (R) | 11th District (St. Clair, Talladega and Shelby)
Senator Jim McClendon
Senator Jim McClendon retired from his private practice upon beginning his first term in the Alabama Legislature in 2002. Senator McClendon served three terms in the House of Representatives. Senator Jim McClendon now serves the 11th District (St. Clair, Talladega and Shelby).
He is married to the former El Tate of Arab and they live on the family farm in St. Clair Springs. Dr. McClendon did his undergraduate work at Birmingham Southern College and has his doctorate from the University of Houston. He served in the Navy Medical Service Corps in Viet Nam and afterwards taught clinical optometry at UAB. He was in private practice in Leeds and Moody.
He is a past president of the Alabama Optometric Association. He was a founding director of the Davis Lake Fire Department and serves on several committees at First United Methodist Church of Springville.
- Shelby County Legislative Delegation Support Locals' Contribution to Alabama's Bicentennial
- Corley Ellis takes over vacant seat in House District 41
- Summer congestion shows need for wider I-65 says lawmaker
- Shelby County announces Compact 2020 initiative
- Alabama senator makes one last push for lottery vote before end of legislative session